Start a new topic

screen resolution and maximize

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

This is just a minor annoyance, I use dual monitors, my laptop which runs in 1400 x 900 and the secondary LCD which run at 1280 by 1024. If I move the DBVis app to the screen with the lower resolution, it will not maximize correctly for the new resolution. I guess this could really be a JDK graphics issue not really DbVis but any thoughts on a work around other than running the laptop at 1280 x 1024 (which then does not display in an optimal manner) thanks sean Message was edited by: sean

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: screen resolution and maximize
Sean, Dual monitor setups are currently not optimal in DbVisualizer. We've done some few fixes but still is the support not perfect. We have this on the todo list. Thanks! Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

I have a related problem. In a dual head screen configuration I can not maximize the the dbvis window to the size of the larger screen (1600x1200). Neither by manually dragging nor by using the maximize button. (I am using linux.)

Sebastian, I suspect this is a window manager issue in (possibly in combination with Java) as there are no constraints in DbVisualizer preventing from doing such resize. Have you tried different versions of Java? Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

I have not tried other versions of jave since the choice of the vm is deeply buried inside the /opt/dbvis/dbvis start script. But I am doubtful anyway - I am using several java applications and never experienced this behavior in respect to windows resizing. Regards, Sebastian

I've found that dbvis won't respond to window resize events at all with compiz as the window manager and running in java 1.5. If I use another window manager or run dbvis with a 1.4.2 java vm then it works as expected. (Other apps seem to resize correctly with java 1.5 and compiz on the same system) If you're using java 1.5 you might try with one of the 1.4.2 versions.

Sam, Here is a Java bug related to compiz: http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=6429775 Regards Roger

Sebastian, Info how to set alternative Java VM: http://www.minq.se/products/dbvis/faq.html#7.4 Regards Roger