Start a new topic

Export Grid - Test Data Generator

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

I have experienced one slight issue with test data generator. If there is a null value in a column and your want to hard code a value, the output will have a null value in it. This works find if there is a value present in the export grid. Product: DbVisualizer Personal 5.1 Build: #1160 (2006/10/05 17:47) Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM Java Version: 1.5.0_09-b01 Java Vendor: Sun Microsystems Inc. OS Name: Windows XP OS Arch: x86 OS Version: 5.1 DB: UDB 8.2 Now, an idea. From what I can see you need at least 1 row to generate n many output rows. Is it not possible since you have the ResultSetMetaData available, allow Test Data to be generated without any prior existing rows? Merely perform checking on the data that is being used in the export grid column listing? Many thanks

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Export Grid - Test Data Generator
Bobby, The null value problem has been identified and will be fixed in 5.1.1. Your second suggestion is good but I think we will need to offer a separate test data generator rather then fixing this in the current test data generator that's in the export feature. Thanks for your posting! Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Bobby, The null problem has been fixed in the latest 5.1.1 version. http://www.minq.se/products/dbvis Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Stunning work as always from your crew, as always :-)