Start a new topic

how to set the icon for a new type in the tree view?

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]
[Attachment has been removed.]

How can I set the icon for a new type in the tree view?

I have added constraint- and index-columns and would like to use the column icon for them.

Attached is my oracle.xml file - maybe you like to add these details to the distribution.

Thanks,
Chris

PS: The forum does not work in firefox2 (the message field does not display).

[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Re: how to set the icon for a new type in the tree view?
I have now set the column-lists of constraints, indexes and views to type="Column" which then shows me the icon. Is it possible to define my own types?

The oracle.xml has been further changed to show view columns in the tree view and show the package bodies below the package specification instead of its own list, which is more handy to me.

I share it here for everybody who is interested.

DbVis is really superb! The only tool that let's one adapt everything to his needs! Thank's guys!
[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Chris, Great work! You can and should define a new type when the object it represents is new in the profile. The type attribute is used to connect what is displayed in the objects tree, what should appear in the object views and what actions are available. It may be tempting re-using an existing type with the only purpose to get a nice looking icon. The result may be unexpected while clicking around in DbVisualizer. (This is a general audience recommendation and have nothing todo with the profile changes you've made). Back to your question, to create a new type just name and use it in the profile. The minor problem though is to assign a nice looking icon as this is not very well supported currently. I'll add to the list that we should look at it. Meanwhile you may check the following list of object types that are currently defined in DbVis. Maybe there are pre-defined types that are similar to your new ones. (Remember to check that the picked type are not already used in the profile). ActionExecute Aggregate Aggregates Alias Aliases AllRecycleBin AllRecycleBinTable BlobObject Catalog Chunk Chunks ClobObject Collation Collations Column Columns Comment Comments Connections Constraint Constraints Defaults DBA Data DataFile DataFiles Databank Databanks Database Databases DatabaseClosed DatabaseError DatabaseOpen DatabasePending DataType DataTypes Dependencies Device Devices DiskIO Domain Domains DriverInfo Errors Folder Function Functions GoalSize Group Groups Index Indexes Info Input InstanceInfo InstanceSummary Interface InvalidObjects JavaClasses JavaClass JavaSources JavaSource Latches Lock Locks Login Logins MaterializedQueryTable MaterializedQueryTables MaterializedView MaterializedViews Method Methods MinSize MaxSize Module Modules Navigator Nickname Nicknames Object ObjectCount ObjectType ObjectTypes ObjectsUsed ObjectsUsing Operator Operators Output Packages Package PackageBodies PackageBody Password Performance PrimaryKey Privileges Procedure Procedures Process Processes Program Programs Properties References PublicSynonyms RemoteServers Removable Quota RecycleBin RecycleBinTable Role Roles RollbackSegment RollbackSegments Root RowCount RowId Rules Schema Schema1 Schemas Schemas1 Sequence Sequences ServerInfo ServerRole ServerRoles Session Sessions Settings SGA Shadow Shadows Sheet Size Source Space Spaces SqlStandard SqlStandards SqlStandard1992 SqlStandard2003 Statement Statements StatementSelect StatementInsert StatementDelete StatementUpdate StatementCall StatementSet StatementOther Statistics Storage SummaryTable SummaryTables Synonym Synonyms SystemStatistics SystemTable SystemTables Status Table Tables TableEngine TableEngines TablePrivileges TableSpace TableSpaces TableType TableTypes Transactions Trigger Triggers Type Types Usage User Users Variables Versioned View Views ViewColumn ViewColumns Waits Unknown Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Roger, Thank's for the info! I have actually been able to re-use ViewColumns and ViewColumn. I have added Table- and Index-Partitions and -Sub-Partitions to both the tree- and form-view. Maybe others are interested as well, so I post it here again. Cheers, Chris

I have re-imported the partition-/sub-partition tree elements in the dbvis 6.0.4 oracle profile and added the trigger node to the view node. For anyone interested, it is attached. Cheers, Chris

Oracle Profile: show referenced tables/constraints

I have just made another addition to the Oracle profile: show the tables/constraints which reference the currently selected table.

Cheers,

Chris

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Oracle Profile: show referenced tables/constraints
Chris, Which version of DbVisualizer is this profile tested with? I just tried with 6.0.4 and loading it fails as the profile syntax is incompatible with 6.0.4. Regards Roger

Strange... I do use it with version 6.0.4. Maybe something broke on the upload? I will re-attach it. If you like, I can send it via email as well.

Cheers,
Chris

I'm not allowed to change the attachment of my previous post, so here I create a new one.

Roger,

Please see my post in the feature request forum.

Nathan
Message was edited by: Nathan

I have merged my additions to the oracle profile into the one provided with dbvis 6.0.6. It contains additionally:
- partitions and subpartitions
- view triggers
- referenced by constraints (inverse fks)

Maybe someone else finds that useful as well.

Cheers,
Chris