Start a new topic

Anti-aliasing fonts?

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Is there a way to turn on anti-aliasing (antialiasing) of fonts? I tried setting the -Dswing.aatext=true option in dbvis.vmoptions, but that didn't seem to help.

Thanks,
Ted

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Anti-aliasing fonts?
Ted, The swing.aatext property should work for most of the UI. You can try the latest early access version in combination with Java 1.6. Anti aliased fonts works out of the box in Windows with Java 1.6. (DbVisualizer 5.1.1 is not tested with Java 1.6). http://www.minq.se/products/dbvis/eap Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Yeah, but doesn't work in the SQL editor...
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

It doesn't work for me in the editor too...

Hi, The editor don't support anti aliased fonts. We're considering upgrading the editor component to a more recent version and that would solve the font problem as well. Regards Roger

Do you have an ETA when this change to the editor component would be complete? I've seen lots of comments on the forums here about the issue of anti-aliasing fonts in the SQL Editor. For me, it's horrible to have everything on my screen using anti-aliased fonts except for this one part of one application. Thanks, Kevin

Hi Kevin, We are aware of the problem and tried to get it fixed for the upcoming feature release (currently in the EAP phase, will be released soon), but ran into other problems with that solution. We will look at a editor improvements again for the following feature release. Best Regards, Hans

I still don't see antialiased fonts while running DBVisualizer 7.1.5 on Windows XP with JDK 1.6.0_25. Sorry to post to such an old topic, but I'm guessing this is still being worked on. Any update on when this might be implemented?

Erik, Next feature version planned for release in Q2 supports anti aliased fonts in all text including the SQL editor. You may give the early access version and try it out: http://www.dbvis.com/products/dbvis/eap/ Best Regards Roger

Hi, Just to inform that this is now fixed in the latest DbVisualizer 8.0 version. Regards Roger