Start a new topic

A list of Oracle related requests...

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

- As mentioned in another post it would be nice to have an option to open an individual sql editor for each new connection.

- Add Database Links and Scheduled Jobs in the listing of objects for each schema.

- Scrollable result set(past the max rows).

- The ability to alter Tablespaces and datafiles, not just view them.

- Provide a tab under the DBA Views->Storage->Tablespaces that shows the objects in that tablespace.

- Under DBA Views->Locks provide blocking lock information.  For instance is the session blocking another session and if so which one.

- Under DBA Views->Locks provide the action to kill a session just as you can under the Sessions View.

- Under DBA Views->Storage->Tablespaces provide the ability to create and modify tablespaces.  For example resizing and adding data files.

- It would be nice if the sql bookmarks were stored in a separate XML file.  This way I could create a list of standard Oracle related bookmarks and provide them to my coworkers or other DbVis users.

Thanks
Nathan

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: A list of Oracle related requests...
Nathan, A new forum has now been setup for Database Profiles. I have also moved some related threads to it. Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Thanks Nathan!

And I noticed that I placed the GroupNode for the tree structure in the wrong place (top instead of within the schema)... Silly me... Works like a charm now!
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]
[Attachment has been removed.]

Chris,

I just found a slight issue with the dblinks.  I will re-upload the whole file.  The only change is with the "oracle.getDatabaseLinks" command.  The old SQL would display USERAs dblinks in USERBs schema.  This fixes it.

Nathan

Great work, thanks!

I have not yet used the Actions myself, but I'm sure I will soon!

Please let us others know when you added more stuff! If you upload the whole profile next time, it would be easier for me to merge it into my own one.

Cheers,
Chris
[Attachment has been removed.]

I copied and pasted the relevant entries for dblinks into this text file.  You will need to copy and paste them from this file to your oracle.xml file.  I have started creating the entries for Jobs.  Jobs are taking some time because of the complication of creating a job.  After that I will work on resizing data files.  Also creating tablespaces needs to be altered so that you can mark files to autoextend at creation of the tablespace.

Let me know what you think.

Nathan

Nathan, Yes, I am interested! Maybe you can post it in this thread? Thanks, Chris

I found the file. Thanks. Can you provide a list of the Icon types? I have almost completed the Database Link Functionality. It allows a user to: View Create Drop Test database links. Are you interested in seeing what I came up with? It would be nice to have a separate forum that users could post there mods to so that there isn't any duplication of efforts. Thanks, Nathan

Nathan, Sorry missed that. Here's the location: Windows: [b]C:\Documents and Settings\\.dbvis\config\dbvis.xml[/b] Linux/UNIX: [b]/home//.dbvis/config/dbvis.xml[/b] Mac OS X: [b]/Users//.dbvis/config/dbvis.xml[/b] Regards Roger

You mentioned a dbvis.xml file. Where is the file located? I can't find it. Thanks, Nathan

Nathan, > I finally got around to reading the documentation (afterseveral months of using DbVis). I > was pleasantly surprised when I sawthe Plug-in Framework documentation. I am very > excited about thisfunctionality. I would like to add all the features that I posted underthe > Feature Request forum. One issue that I have is that there are noTypes defined for: > > Database Links > Public Database Links > Jobs > > Would it be possible for youto add these in the next release? We'll add these as: DatabaseLinks DatabaseLink PublicDatabaseLinks PublicDatabaseLink Jobs Job > Also can you please describe what the variable "#cp.SystemTablePrefix" does? I didn't see > it described in the documentation. Also what are the other commands associated with #cp. > and #dm? Are these methods in a class somewhere? #cp = ConnectionProperty The SystemTablePrefix is the connection property for the visual connection property: Oracle->Objects Tree->System Views Prefix The name of every connection property that exist are not documented. You do however find them in the dbvis.xml file (in the ... section). #dp = Driver Property. These are listed in the Connection Properties->Driver Properties list for the actual database connection. #dm = DatabaseMetaData class. Here you may use any accessor method available in the java.sql.DatabaseMetaData class. > Also with conditional processing I want to do something along the following lines: > > > but it doesn't seem to work. Can I use set variables in an If conditional statement? Just so you know that conditions are processed at load of the profile and never once the profile is loaded. This simply mean that once the profile has been loaded you cannot use conditions to control that the content in for example the tree should be different for one specific schema compared to another i.e. one user should see 4 sub objects while another should see 10. Read more in: http://www.minq.se/products/dbvis/doc/main/doc/ug/databaseProfile/databaseProfile.html#mozTocId715316 Regards Roger

Roger,

I posted something similar to this in the support forum.  Please ignore that one.

I finally got around to reading the documentation (afterseveral months of using DbVis). I was pleasantly surprised when I sawthe Plug-in Framework documentation. I am very excited about thisfunctionality. I would like to add all the features that I posted underthe Feature Request forum. One issue that I have is that there are noTypes defined for:

Database Links
Public Database Links
Jobs

Would it be possible for youto add these in the next release?

Also can you please describe what the variable "#cp.SystemTablePrefix" does?  I didn't see it described in the documentation.  Also what are the other commands associated with #cp. and #dm?  Are these methods in a class somewhere?

Also with conditional processing I want to do something along the following lines:
<If test="${schema} eq PUBLIC">
</If>
but it doesn't seem to work.  Can I use set variables in an If conditional statement?

Anymore information you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Nathan Message was edited by: Nathan

Nathan, This one is already registered as a feature request. Thanks! Regards Roger

Nathan, This one is already registered as a feature request. Thanks! Regards Roger

Here's another one!  Hope this isn't too many.

The ability to "duplicate" a user.  This would create a new user like the user that is being duplicated.  It would need to also includes roles and privileges.

Nathan

The objects in tablespace looks good. Thanks!

One other request...

It would be nice to be able to grant permission to objects by right-clicking a table/view or highlighting the table/view.  When right-clicking the table/view there could be an option named "Object Privileges" that would open a window that would have the same contents as the tab that would be displayed if the a user highlighted the object.  In the window/tab it would list all users as rows and the privileges as columns.  The column headings could be select, insert, update, delete, and alter.  Each row+column value would be a drop down with the values of no, yes, yes with grant.

Thanks again!
Nathan