Start a new topic

mapping not working in import destination for table

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

dv Vis Personal 6.02--  on Win XP

Trying to import csv into db2 9 

created a 3 col table ( id (as identity generated), part no and supplier

When importing csv w/o a ID, then the columns do not line up in the "Map Table Columns with File Columns' section.  When I highlight the column and double click the file columns section no drop down menu appears I can't map the columns.

sometimes I can map 1 column and then nothing after I back out and try again I can't even do that

Any suggestions or settings I can check? both the part no and supplier data is char.

Steve 

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: mapping not working in import destination for table
Hi Steve, Thanks for reporting this. It seems like the File Column Name selection list doesn't work as it should. We'll look into this and get it fixed in a future release. Thanks, Hans
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Re: mapping not working in import destination for table
This is not a help. I need to import files, so the only way I can do this is not to have a table with and identity column and to have the columns on the table match exactly to the columns on the import file? When you say future release can you give me an eta? STeve