Start a new topic

How to Batch Delete from Navigator View?

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

I really like the new Navigator feature, but I can't seem to figure out how to do a batch delete of the records selected by the current navigator node. What I'm doing is Navigating out to a bunch of destination objects (across a few relationship hops) that I no longer need. The Navigator provides a very nice way to visualize this type of data. However, if I select all of the result set rows in the data grid view at the bottom it won't let me batch delete them. The 'delete' button on my keyboard does nothing, and the "Script to SQL Editor" popup menu has the "DELETE WHERE" option disabled if I have more than one row selected. Therefore, it is basically making me delete rows one-by-one and that won't work. Is batch delete from the navigator just a feature that is missing, or is there a way to do it? I did notcie that I can 'export' the rows in the Navigator data grid. Maybe there's a way to export the data and then load it in at a later time to batch delete it? That is not quite as nice as being able to delete the rows on the fly just by selecting them in the Navigator data grid, but it would work for now I guess. Problem is I can't figure out how to do that either. If anyone has ideas please let me know. - Eric

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: How to Batch Delete from Navigator View?
Hi Eric, The Navigator grids currently do not provide any edit functionality, because it would not be perfectly clear how to deal with, for instance, an INSERT with a key value that doesn't match the implicit selection criteria for the grid. I agree that this problem does not exist for deletes, so I'll add as a feature request to at least allow deletes to be performed from the Navigator grids. Thanks, Hans
[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: How to Batch Delete from Navigator View?
Hi, Just to inform that editing is now supported in the Navigator in the latest 8.0 version. Regards Roger