Start a new topic

Filtering schemas not working on DB2 z/OS with DBVis 6.0

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]
[Attachment has been removed.]

I'm connecting to DB2 z/OS databases version 7 and 8 (compatibility mode). After switching from DBVis 5.1.1 to 6.0 filtering schemas does not work anymore.

(see attached log)

The critical line is:
15:39:06 [ERROR Thread-51 B.?] Could not find filter column name 'TABLE_SCHEM' in DataSet. Notify vendor as the database profile is in an inconsistent state.

I know that DB2 z/OS is not officially supported but maybe there is a work-around?

Gerd.

[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Re: Filtering schemas not working on DB2 z/OS with DBVis 6.0
I just tried it out with V6.0.6, and: Yes, it works!

Thanks a lot. I will now continue using V6 and report any issues I find with DB2 z/OS V8 (Compatibility Mode for now, but soon in New Function Mode).

Maybe you can officially support DB2 z/OS at some time in the future.

Greetings,
   Gerd.
[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Gerd, Great it finally works! I forgot to mention a few other changes in the DB2 z/OS profile: - Index Columns view was empty for indexes listed as child to table objects - Create Table action now works - Schema name filtering should now work even if result set claim the column name is "1" for Schema (in some situations column names appear as integers instead of their real name) - Create Alias action added - Right click menu scripting actions in the Tables and Views grids did not work properly We would really like to officially support DB2 z/OS. Problem is that we don't have instant access to it which is required in order to support it. Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Gerd, The filtering problem is fixed in 6.0.7. http://www.minq.se/products/dbvis/download.html Best Regards Roger