Start a new topic

Updating selected cells

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

What happened to the feature of only updating certain cells (columns) in a row?

When I try to insert a row including a Generated Always column (DB2), the statement fail since it is no longer possible to deselect certain columns, and the opportunity to insert pre-defined values does not include default value - only null, empty string and other specific values.

In the same area: When you insert or copy a row, edit data in the cells, mark one or more of the cells and select the 'Mark selected cells as being edited" option, the value returns to the original and your edits are lost ???

Kind regards

Poul Erik Schlosser

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Updating selected cells
Poul Erik, > When I try to insert a row including a Generated Always column (DB2), the statement fail > since it is no longer possible to deselect certain columns, and the opportunity to insert pre- > defined values does not include default value - only null, empty string and other specific > values. Isn't "Undo Edits in Selected Cells" (Ctrl+Z) sufficient? > In the same area: When you insert or copy a row, edit data in the cells, mark one or > more of > the cells and select the 'Mark selected cells as being edited" option, the value returns to the > original and your edits are lost ??? For inserted or duplicated rows it appears "Mark Selected..." reverts the cells back to their original values which is wrong. We'll look into this. Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Re: Updating selected cells
Hi, Yes, works when you mark the cell in question! Sorry for the inconvenience, I really thought I had tried all combinations. Kind regards Poul Erik Schlosser