Start a new topic

export/excel: worksheet name too long

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]
[Attachment has been removed.]

hello

obviously worksheet-names are build automatically from dbvis itself.

i am facing following problem (dbvis 6.0.1):
exporting to excel only works for worksheet-names which are no longer than about 31 characters.
i am now working with a db, where the length is more than this. so dbvis does not generate xls-files (i.e. it generates the file with size 0, without content) anymore.

making the way through txt-files to excel works but is very annoying.

is there a possibility to switch off generating workshee-names?

it is too long for excel: cutting worksheet names is even better than not exporting the result-set...

thank you
hanspter schlapbach

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: export/excel: worksheet name too long
Hanspeter, This is a known bug and will be fixed in 6.0.3. The new version is expected to be published tonight. Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

ok / thank you

Hans Peter, DbVis 6.0.3 is available now. http://www.minq.se/products/dbvis/download.html Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

How can I change the default worksheet name when manually exporting results to an xlsx file? I need it to be Sheet1.

Andrew, It is not possible to change the default sheet naming in Excel export. What export feature in DbVisualizer are you using when "DbVisualizer Pro" is the sheet name? Regards Roger

I do not know what causes the default worksheet name to be set to 'DbVisualizer Pro'. I would much prefer that the export tool stick with the Excel approach of naming each consecutive sheet: Sheet1, Sheet2, etc. I am simply exporting to xls using OOXML, Excel 2007 (xlsx) nothing more than that.

Andrew, In the next 9.1.2 this will be fixed so that standard naming is applied if these cannot be detected automatically by a table name. Regards Roger

Andrew, This is now fixed in the just released 9.1.2 version. http://www.dbvis.com/download Regards Roger