Start a new topic

Install error: JVM damaged?

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

When attempting to install DB Visualizer 6.0.6, I received the following error:

"The JVM found at [java.exe path] is damaged.  Please reinstall or define EXE4J_JAVA_HOME to point to an installed JDK or JRE."

According to the log, it successfully finds the Java runtime and correctly identifies the version (1.6.0_03) -- checkJavaExe returns true.  The errors returned from the log are:

"ERROR: Could not get DLL-Handle.
ERROR: Could not load functions"

I set the EXE4J environment variable in my PATH, but still no luck.  Before I had set this, the installer couldn't even locate the java directory (even though JAVA_HOME was properly set).

Additional info: Windows XP Pro x64 edition, 64-bit JDK 1.6.03.

I have a sneaking suspicion DBV doesn't play nice with 64-bit Windows, but I could be barking up the wrong tree.

Any ideas?  Thanks in advance.

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Install error: JVM damaged?
Matt, What happen if you install the installation package that include the Java VM? (There are no known issues with DbVis running on 64-bit Windows). Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

I'm having no luck downloading the bundled 64bit version of Java. The error I get from install4j Wizard is: "The bundled JRE is corrupted. If you downloaded the setup file please download it again" Then there is a link to a log file... Any suggestions?

Jon, Are you using a 32 or 64-bit OS? Which installer did you download and install? Best Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

64 bit Windows 7. I downloaded dbvis_windows-x64_7_1_3.exe. Tried again, now I get "Could not use bundled JRE. Please send this log file to your software vendor:" Edited by: Jon Ragnarsson on 3.11.2010 16:52

Jon, Strange error since there is no bundled JVM with the 64-bit installer. Is there a log file available as the error message say? If so post or email it to us. Best Regards Roger support@dbvis.com

I'm seeing the same issue. First, there is an "install4j Wizard" message that says: "The install4j wizard could not find a Java(TM) Runtime Environment on your system. You can locate or download a suitable 64-bit JRE. (minimum version: 1.6)" If I click "Locate", and navigate to the 64-bit Java file, an error is displayed saying: "No JVM could be found on your system. Please define EXE4J_JAVE_HOME to point to an installed 64-bit JDK or JRE or download a JRE from www.java.com. Log: C:\Users\AppData\Local\Temp\i4j_nlog_2" The referenced file is attached.

Also seeing this error.

Scott, The error is identified and is fixed in the upcoming 7.1.4 version. To fix, install 64-bit Java before installing DbVisualizer. Best Regards Roger

Scott and all, Just to inform you that this has been fixed in the new 7.1.4 version. Best Regards Roger