1) some tabs will remain broken, so i create new ones.this "freezing" behavior has resulted in me being very defensive and saving text in the various sql tabs, and in liberal use of profanity when i come back to a task only to find this otherwise great tool frozen. then i have to restart my train of thought, reload the tabs -- and i invariable lose something, and <sigh> deeply. other times, when i come back to the tool after being away for a while, i know that i should just quit the app and restart it to save myself aggravation.
2) maybe X minutes later, there will be a DBVis refresh, sending me back to the Object View tab, and the connection will be with the green checkmark icon.
Accessing Oracle 8i DBMS over a VPN on my Mac...
and for the Database:
- Connection will be dropped, yet look like it is still going (not a VPN issue).
- Try and execute a query and it hangs... takes FOREVER to get the "broken pipe" message. I am usually too impatient, and end up killing it and restarting
- I might be working a lot in one tab, doing queries. Then, I switch to another tab -- it hangs forever (i know each tab have their own connection/pipe). I have to kill that tab. I can generally click on other tabs and resume work. But if I try Ctrl-T to add a new tab the whole app freezes.
Very frustrating and inefficient
Thanks in advance for any help you all can provide.