Start a new topic

Syonyms with Oracle

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Why can't I see synonyms for a schema in dbvisualizer?  I can see them when I log into pl/sql developer, I can select * from them, I just can't see them in the Object view.  It's a huge pain.

Anyone else experience this?

[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Re: Syonyms with Oracle
Roger, I'm having the same issue. However, I'm using version 4.3.6 Personal edition of the tool, and I'm working with a database that uses these DB Links to create synonyms, which I also cannot see. Can you create another version of the Oracle.xml file that is compatible with it? Thanks.
[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Hi, I recommend that you give the latest 6.5 version a try since we don't support 4.3.6 anymore. Best Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hi Roger, I've installed the 6.5 version, however, it uses the generic objects and not the oracle.xml settings, that come with the Personal version. I'm trying to pursuade my manager to purchase the license upgrade.
[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Hi, I recommend that you register for an evaluation license and give it a try. http://www.minq.se/products/dbvis/eval Best Regards Roger