Start a new topic

Two date bugs: Import Table Data and Grid Filter

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]
[Attachment has been removed.]

Hi there, if've encountered a new problem with the "Import Table Data" function. It seems, that it's not possible to import rows containing an empty date field. A screenshot is attached to show the situation. Rows containing a date field are imported correctly, but the ones without are ignored leaving a me with a messed up table ;-) The second thing I've noticed is, that the date format in "Tool Properties" are ignored in the filter field (grid view) So if I want to filter for a date in the grid, I've to use "YY-MM-DD". In "Tool Properties" I've defined "dd-MM-yyyy". I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong here or if it's a bug. This is my connection info: Informix Dynamic Server 9.40.HC2 IBM Informix JDBC Driver for IBM Informix Dynamic Server 3.00.JC3 Thanks for looking into that! Dirk

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Two date bugs: Import Table Data and Grid Filter
Hi Dirk, I'm working on improvements in the Import area for the next release, so I'll have a look at this as well. Best Regards, Hans

Dirk, > The second thing I've noticed is, that the date format in "Tool Properties" are ignored in the filter field (grid view) > So if I want to filter for a date in the grid, I've to use "YY-MM-DD". In "Tool Properties" I've defined "dd-MM-yyyy". > I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong here or if it's a bug. The quick filtering is using the same format as set in tool properties. I just tried with various formats and it works for me (see screenshot). Can you please try again and post a screenshot if it still fail? Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hi Roger, sorry for the delay of my post. Here is what I've meant. Greets Dirk

Dirk, Thanks. (I thought you meant the Quick Filter feature). The table filter you specify in DbVis is actually a WHERE clause that is appended to the SELECT statement used to fetch the rows. In this context you need to supply date, time and timestamp data in a format that the DB server can understand. I know this is awkward. Best Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hi Roger, no that's awkward, more like challenging ;-) It would be easier though, if I could define a string for the server . The DBDATE Parameter of informix' Client-SDK seems to be ignored by JDBC. The ODBC connection notices this parameter, as well as the unix shell.