Start a new topic

Top menu item in vs 6.1.1.2 OS X

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hi there, I have downloaded the latest version (6.1.1.2) for OS X. Is there a way that I can have the menu bar (file, edit, view, database, etc.) on top? That would save space on the screen. Also, but this is really just wondering (when I'll get the commercial version): are there any plans for php generations? (simple list, search, and the like?) Cheers and thanks for this great product, George

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Top menu item in vs 6.1.1.2 OS X
Hi George, The fact that the menu does not appear as a Mac OS X menu in the latest EA and production release (6.0.10) is due to a problem in a 3rd party library we use. Unfortunately, we didn't notice this until after the release, but it will be fixed in new versions soon. We do not currently have any plans for PHP generation. Best Regards, Hans
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

thanks for responding so quickly :-) btw, I really like DBVisualizer! I have tried out all the competitor's products (trial versions) that I know on the Mac and DBVisualizer is the most suitable one to me. Maybe user administration and some php features would be great to have added but the latter is really just gimmick. I keep on voting at MacUpdate for a promo .... lol Thanks again.

George, Just to inform you that this is fixed in the just released 6.0.11 version. http://www.minq.se/products/dbvis/doc/relnotes/index.jsp?version=6.0.11 Best Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]
[Attachment has been removed.]

I just downloaded 6.0.11 on my Mac, but I can still see the old behavior of the menu-line. (see screenshot)

Svein, The top level menu in Mac OS X is only available with the Aqua look and feel. Open Tool Properties, select Appearance and switch to Aqua. Regards Roger

Hi Roger thank you very much for your great notification. Also, the login worked again! It's great, the menu is back again. However, I noticed that the inline help does not come up, online help is no problem. best regards, George Edited by: George on May 29, 2008 8:42 PM

George, What do you mean with "inline help"? Regards Roger

Version 6.0.11 OS X
Hi Roger, oh, you are working late :-) I am sorry for having been unclear (inline help): it's when I click on Help :: Users Guide that nothing comes up; when I click on Online Resources that I am seamlessly been brought to the internet. Have a good evening, George Edited by: George on May 29, 2008 10:16 PM

Re: Version 6.0.11 OS X
George, The Users Guide not showing is because the installation path for DbVisualizer contain at least one whitespace. Ex: C:\Program\DbVisualizer 6.0.11 Simply rename to the following to workaround the problem: C:\Program\DbVisualizer-6.0.11 We'll look into this for the next version. Thanks! Regards Roger

Hi Roger how about on the Mac? cheers and have a great week-end, George

George, Same thing i.e. there is a whitespace in the path. /Users//DbVisualizer 6.0.11 (or some similar path) Regards Roger