Start a new topic

SQL Corrupted going from SQL Commander to Query Builder

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Product: DbVisualizer Personal 6.0.11 Build: #1305 (2008/05/27 23:09) Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM Java Version: 1.5.0_13 Java Vendor: Apple Inc. OS Name: Mac OS X OS Arch: ppc OS Version: 10.5.3 I start out with this SQL Commander buffer: select LS_NUM, Company, Status from Members M where Area='DU' and Type='XXX' and Status in ('Fully Paid','Invoice Sent') order by Company; I load it into Query Builder and do SQL Preview and I get SELECT M.LS_NUM, M.Company, M.Status FROM Licensing.Members M WHERE M.Area = 'DU' AND M.TYPE = 'XXX' AND M.STATUS IN ('''Fully', '''Invoice') ORDER BY M.Company ASC ; Note the where clause, Type and Status have (correctly) changed case but the Status values are corrupted even though they appear to be correct in the QB conditions tab Edited by: Ed on 29-May-2008 12:56 Edited by: Ed on 29-May-2008 13:01 Edited by: Ed on 29-May-2008 13:03
1 Comment

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: SQL Corrupted going from SQL Commander to Query Builder
Hi Ed, Thanks for reporting this. It's a bug that is triggered by strings containing delimiter characters (e.g., space) in an IN or NOT IN clause. I'll try to get this fixed for the next version. Best Regards, Hans