Start a new topic

Is Log buffer limited in size?

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Is Log buffer limited in size? It seemed to have truncated the output messages from Sybase ASE compared to when I ran the same code in the Sybase SQL Advantage tool.. Product: DbVisualizer Personal 6.0.12 Build: #1307 (2008/06/26 10:48) Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM Java Version: 1.6.0_05 Java Vendor: Sun Microsystems Inc. OS Name: Windows XP OS Arch: x86 OS Version: 5.1

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Is Log buffer limited in size?
Alex, What feature are you using in DbVis? What SQLs (if any) are you running and what is the expected result? Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Executing a Sybase ASE 12.5.4 stored proc that has a bunch of messages that are being printed as it executes.
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hi, yes or no? Do you take and store all messages coming back or you have a buffer limit?

Alex, (Sorry for the late answer, I'm on vacation). There is no special management for the buffer size in DbVisualizer. We'll look into this. Best Regards Roger

Has anyone looked into this? Thanks.

Alex, (I think I have found something that may truncate the output). How many bytes (approx.) are printed by the procedure and how many rows? Regards Roger Edited by: Roger Bjärevall on 2008-aug-18 11:42 (added "and how many rows?")

Roger, I am not sure, the sp is dynamic as the output is dependant on the data that is processed. I would guess anywhere from 100 to 1000 lines.. But definately something is happening there.. Please let me know -- thanks.