Start a new topic

Dynamic memory management

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]
[Attachment has been removed.]

I've had dbVis open for a few days, ran some code, opened connections, closed connections, pinned tabs, unpinned them, etc. But dbVis seems to never release memory when objects are closed. Look at the screenshot --- dbVis takes up more than half of gig of memory. You can also see another thread of dbVis that only taks up 32k of memory, that I recently started. Please advise... Product: DbVisualizer Personal 6.1.1.4 Build: #1330 (2008/09/22 18:21) Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM Java Version: 1.6.0_05 Java Vendor: Sun Microsystems Inc. OS Name: Windows XP OS Arch: x86 OS Version: 5.1

[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Re: Dynamic memory management
Roger, I can't execute join select with two tables: /* SELECT * FROM table1 JOIN table2 ON table1.ind = table2.ind WHERE table1.date = $$ AND table1.flag1 = $$ AND table1.flag2 = $$ */ It peaks at one run of select and not repetitive. I'm getting out of memory errors(JAVA)... If I make count(*) I get 52297 rows. (same select and conditions) What can I do!? Thanks, best regards Sing
[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Thanks Sing, Can you please post or email the CREATE TABLE DDL for these two tables? Regards Roger support@dbvis.com
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Roger, I have send you ddl by e-mail on support@dbvis.com Thanks, regards Sing