Start a new topic

npe 6.5.5

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]
[Attachment has been removed.]

Hi Roger, I regularly get a npe when running a pl/sql block that delivers dbms_output. I am not sure if this has to do with the dbms_output or 6.5.5 version, I use the newly introduced resultsetaction="showdbmsoutput"

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: npe 6.5.5
Ronald, I think I found the problem. A fix will be in the next maintenance release. Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]
[Attachment has been removed.]

Roger, I did not need to cancel or close the window. It did not reproduce at once I had to fiddle a few times with the maint schedule and executed evaluate schedule T1 for a few times (taking ages but that is an oracle problem). Note the color of the cancel button in the screen shot. In this case I was connected to a 10.2.0.4 database, natively running on the mac :-) using the 10.2.0.4 thin client. Now I can not even get rid of the 'Evaluate Scheduler Schedule' window.... It does react on the green button to enlarge and resize but the red button appears to be none functional. Previous errors were from my macbook, this last one from a minimac (all intel) Ronald. Edited by: Ronald Rood on 12-apr-2009 20:28

Ronald, Got an idea: does it happen only if you press the window close button (left red button in OS X) on the action window or the Cancel button? Regards Roger

Ronald, I've tried several times now based on your instruction and I am unable to reproduce... Any more hint would be great. Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Roger, use the oracle.xml I sent you last night. connect as a dba in the scheduler tree of the schema right click on schedules and create a schedule B with start_date sysdate, end_date sysdate+1 create a schedule A with repeat_interval 'freq=daily;byhour=1,2,3;exclude=b' evaluate schedule A by control clicking A There is a problem in B and in sqlplus it takes a few minutes to finish. When B has a better definition there is no problem but the NPE should not happen.

Ronald, Can you describe the steps you perform when this happen? Regards Roger