Start a new topic

table edit cell behavior strange behavior on initial character

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

I'm frustrated by the table editor. Let's say I tab into a cell which is (null). I type a word, such as "word." When I type the w, the w is entered into the cell but it is also selected. (Why?) Then when I type the o, the o wipes out the w, and in the end I am left with ord instead of word. I'm on a Mac, running Leopard 10.5.7. I keep having to check whether the first character of a cell I've tabbed into has been highlighted, because if so I'll have to type the first character twice for it to come up once. The funny thing is, it only happens most of the time. Once is a while, I find I don't have to type wword to get word, just word will do. But that is rare. This really slows down data entry. Any advice?

[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Re: table edit cell behavior strange behavior on initial character
Thanks! I'll try that.
[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: table edit cell behavior strange behavior on initial character
Geoffrey, This is a known issue and related to the Mac OS X look and feel, Aqua. The workaround is to switch to another look and feel in DbVisualizer. Do this in Tool Properties->Appearance. Regards Roger