Start a new topic

Why does "Load Recent" end up opening a file chooser dialog when I select..

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

If I go to the "Load Recent" menu and select a recent file from the menu, DBVis doesn't open the file, instead it prompts me with a file chooser dialog. This has to be a bug, because why show the files in the "Load Recent" menu if you can't open them? (MacOSX - DBVis 6.0.15 - been that way for a few versions now.)

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Why does "Load Recent" end up opening a file chooser dialog when I sele
Rick, The File Chooser is displayed so that you can choose target editor and encoding. The file name should be filled in automatically. Just press "Open" and the file is loaded. Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]
[Attachment has been removed.]

> {quote:title=Roger Bjärevall wrote:}{quote} > ...The file name should be filled in automatically. Just press "Open" and the file is loaded. > Roger This doesn't seem to be the case for me on my Mac. In fact the open button is greyed out after selecting the file, and I have to 're-choose' the file again and then press open. I've attached an image of my file chooser that opens up when I select one of the files in the recent files list.
[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Rick, The file being picked in the Recent Files list should be highlighted in the file chooser. Due to a bug in the Aqua look and feel this doesn't happen. The workaround is to switch to another look and feel in Tool Properties. Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Oh ok, thanks. Changing the look and feel did the trick... (But man I hope the aqua bug is fixed or worked around since the aqua l&f is SOO much nicer:)