Start a new topic

Incorrect DDL for Postgresql inherited tables

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

DBViz does not generate the check constraint and inheritance clauses for PostgreSQL inherited tables. This is vital to databases that use inheritance, since a modification of the parent table effects the child table. Also, the PostgreSQL query planner cannot access the appropriate table without the constraint declared. When can this be corrected? I do not consider this to be a feature request, since DBViz's DDL generation is deficient in create correct DDL for the PostgreSQL inheritance feature. Ending on an up note, great tool!

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Incorrect DDL for Postgresql inherited tables
Hi, I will have a look at adding the INHERITS clause in the DDL generator for PostgreSQL. You also mention a missing check constraint for inherited tables, but I can't seem to find anything about that, for instance here: [http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/static/ddl-inherit.html] Can you please clarify? Best Regards, Hans
[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Incorrect DDL for Postgresql inherited tables
Just to information you that this has been fixed in the just released 6.5.8 version. Regards Roger