Start a new topic

Null pointer crash editing stored procedures

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

I'm having an issue where DBV crashes when saving a stored procedure being edited in a separate window. The first time I save it, everything works fine - I get the "DROP and CREATE" warning, and the procedure is saved. After it has been saved once, trying to save any further changes comes up with a Java exception: java.lang.NullPointerException at com.onseven.dbvis.a.B.A.A.K$1.execute(Z:1602) at se.pureit.swing.xmlactions.DelegateAction.actionPerformed(Z:1129) ... and so on ... This ONLY seems to happen when editing in a separate window. Saving a stored procedure being edited in the "Procedure Editor" pane of the main "Object View" has no such problem. I was just wondering if this was a known bug? I can work around it, but editing the SP in the main window can be a pain because switching from "Object View" to the "SQL Commander" pane is not allowed when there are unsaved changes in the SP. If I use the separate window to edit, I have to remember to close it and reopen it every time I save, which messes up whatever I'm looking at currently in "Object View". I'm on a Mac, connecting to mySQL 5.0.45 (but the problem happens on 5.1.35 as well). Java info is: Product: DbVisualizer Personal 6.5.7 Build: #1368 (2009/06/18 13:15) Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM Java Version: 1.6.0_13 Java Vendor: Apple Inc. OS Name: Mac OS X OS Arch: x86_64 OS Version: 10.5.8 Edited by: David Oberst on 25-Aug-2009 12:03 PM

[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Re: Null pointer crash editing stored procedures
At least on a quick test, this seems to have fixed things. Thanks for the timely update!
[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Just to information you that this has been fixed in the just released 6.5.8 version. Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Hi David, Thanks for reporting this. It's a bug. A fix will most likely be included in the next maintenance release that will be available shortly. Kind Regards, Hans