Start a new topic

Auto completion

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hi, I think this is a bug: Auto completion does not come up anymore if "key join" is used. "Key join" is Sybase IQ syntax for "inner join on all primary key columns of the table". Example: select * from dbo.f_deal d key join dbo.d_customer f Regards,

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Auto completion
Hi, You say that it doesn't come up "anymore". Did it use to work? I just tried and the AC popup is displayed properly with 6.5.10. The "key" part should not be an issue as it is "join" that triggers what objects will be listed in the popup. Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Roger, I wasn't specific enough: Auto completion *for tables* *does* indeed come up with either syntax, for example with cursor on the first letter of the second table name. But if the cursor is on the asterisk (blinking on the left side of it) in: select * from rmdb_dbo.vda_geschaeft_netto dg key join rmdb_dbo.vfa_geschaeft_netto fg then Auto completion *for columns* will not come up with Ctrl-Space. It does, though, if the word "key" is changed to "inner" or "left". (DbVis 6.5.10). Regards, Börries Wendling
[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Börries, Got it. Thanks! This will be fixed in the next version. Best Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

[deleted] need to elaborate this... Edited by: Freewater on Dec 1, 2009 4:23 PM