Start a new topic

Copy & Paste CLOB differences in 7.0

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

I noticed that copying a CLOB in the new version (7.0) is handled differently than in 6.5.11. Previously I could copy a cell containing a CLOB (where the value was not shown, only 'CLOB, xxx Bytes') and I could paste the data that was contained in the CLOB to a text editor. Now when I copy the CLOB, when I paste I get the actual text 'CLOB, xxx Bytes'. I realize I can change this in the grid -> Binary/BLOB and CLOB Data options, but then the datagrid doesn't look as nice. Please let me know if there's an option to regain the old functionality. What ------------------------------------------------------- Product: DbVisualizer Personal Version: 7.0 OS: Windows XP JVM: 1.6.0_07 Database: Sybase ASE 15 Driver: JTDS 1.2.4

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Copy & Paste CLOB differences in 7.0
Hi Gavin, Thanks for reporting this. It's a bug that will be fixed in the next maintenance release. Best Regards, Hans
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Thanks for the reply. It's a really great tool by the way!
[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Hi, This has now been fixed in the latest 7.0.1 version. http://www.dbvis.com/products/dbvis/doc/relnotes/index.jsp Best Regards Roger