Start a new topic

v7.01 hangs, unpredictable pattern...

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hi. Since 7.0, my dbvis, sometimes stops responding when executing simple sql statements via Sybase ASE (jTDS) driver ( v6) Unfortunately, I cannot figure out the pattern.... may have something to do with having multiple instances open on my pc.... never had this issue wth 6.#..... have to go to task manager to kill dbvis's pid ... any thought? can you pls look into this asap... thanks... Product: DbVisualizer Personal 7.0.1 Build: #1487 (2010/01/28 22:33) Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM Java Version: 1.6.0_13 Java Vendor: Sun Microsystems Inc. OS Name: Windows XP OS Arch: x86 OS Version: 5.1

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: v7.01 hangs, unpredictable pattern...
> The reason why I was launching a completely new dbVis instance is because I wanted to separate PROD and DEV instances. File->New window transfers all open connections to the new window, and, by the same token, any new dB connections opened in the new window are reflected in the old window?. Okay, I understand. > I am glad that you were able to replicate the issue... > Please keep me posted if the culprit is identified and when the solution will be available --- thank you. I have found the cause and a solution, so this will be fixed in the next maintenance release, hopefully within a month or so. Thanks for bringing it to our attention. Best Regards, Hans
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Yes I am having the same issue. but you are right it seems to only happen when I have a 2nd instance of DBV open, and it hangs completely.

Hi Alan, A fix will be included in the next version. Best Regards Roger

Hi, Just to inform that we've added a fix in the 7.0.3 version. Best Regards Roger