Start a new topic

Is there a way to change the sort order of a group of bookmarks?

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

I'm thinking the answer is "no", since these are stored as files on the file system, but is would certainly be nice to move bookmarks up or down like we used to be able to do, and like we can do currently with favorites.

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Is there a way to change the sort order of a group of bookmarks?
Hi Sammy, You're right that is currently not possible to move bookmarks around. I'll add your vote for improving it. Best Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

I'd like to see sortable bookmarks also. Once one has scores of bookmarks, finding them without sorting is difficult.

Jay, I'll register this as an RFE. Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

And it's still not possible using version 8.0.1. :-( In October, 2010 you wrote by mail... {quote:title=Roger Bjarevall wrote:} The bookmarks feature was re-organized in 7.0 due to several reasons and bookmarks are now individual files stored in the filesystem. The tree view in DbVisualizer is a file browser with the sorting provided by the underlying file system. These files can currently not be manually organized other than organized in folders. We have on the todo list to add functionality to allow manual sorting in a future version. Best Regards Roger{quote} It would be helpful to get at least a natural order by name (file/dir). I can't see the logic behind the scenes to understand the current algorithm ;-) Thanks in advance Stephan

Hi Stephan, Yes, this is still on our todo list. I've added your vote for this issue. The order is the order the underlying OS returns the list of files. Typically, this is in alphabetic order but there is no guarantee. Best Regards, Hans Edited by: Hans Bergsten on Jul 6, 2011 1:36 AM