Start a new topic

Max Rows with stored Procedures

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hi, there seems to be no option to turn off Max Rows when executing stored procedures? Currently, it is very annoying, that I have to change Max Rows to 0 before executing a procedure, then change it back. I also would like that a new editor window is opened on executing stored procedures, not overwriting my last query. Regards, Freewater

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Max Rows with stored Procedures
Hi, Just wanted to tell you that in the just released 9.0 version, the script for executing the procedure runs within the Procedure Editor itself, no longer opening an SQL Commander and overwriting existing content: http://www.dbvis.com/doc/relnotes/?version=9.0 Best Regards, Hans
[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Max Rows with stored Procedures
Hi, Which DbVisualizer version and database type are you using? Max Rows has in the past affected also DELETE, INSERT and UPDATE for Microsoft SQL Server and Sybase databases (the intended behavior at the JDBC driver level according to Microsoft and Sybase). If this is the problem you have, we implemented a work-around for it in DbVisualizer 7.0.3 so that Max Rows should only affect SELECT statements. Regarding your suggestion for a way to use a new editor when executing the query, I will register it in our feature request system. Today, the Procedure Editor executes the procedure/function in the current/active editor. If you want to keep the results for your last query, you can create a new editor tab for procedure execution and make it the active editor before clicking Execute. You can also use Script Object to New SQL Editor -> CALL in the right-click menu for the procedure. Best Regards, Hans