Start a new topic

Derby: support for collation base database

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]
[Attachment has been removed.]

Now derby with TERRITORY_BASED collation is not supported - error reported in Table References because of unsupported conversion between TERRITORY_BASED and UCS_BASIC queries to 'SYS' tables. Suggested fix is in attachment. Maybe there is internal problem in DbVisualizer 7.0.5. Node Content: COLUMS not visible only TABLE NAME on first opening of "References" tab. ----------- CASTing is recommended fix from Derby issue tracking database -- Attached new version od derby.xml - (first has SQL syntax error in casting) Edited by: Martin JANDA on Apr 19, 2010 8:54 AM Edited by: Martin JANDA on Apr 19, 2010 9:11 AM - more SQL queries fixed

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Derby: support for collation base database
Hi Martin, Thanks for reporting this and providing a solution. We will fix it, most likely in the next maintenance release. Best Regards, Hans
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

I found that my fix to derby.xml isn't complete. DDL generation still doesn't work.

Hi Martin, DDL generation (and other features that depend on object metadata, such as Alter Table and Export Schema/Table) use SQL embedded in Java code. I have fixed this is SQL in the same way as you fixed the SQL in the profile, so it will all be included when we release the fix for this. Best Regards, Hans

Martin, Just to inform you that this is now fixed in the just released 7.0.6 version. Regards Roger