Start a new topic

Disable Check for Updates

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hi All, we are using Db Visualizer 7.0.2 at a customer with Citrix Streaming profiles. I would like to disable the Check for updates for all users, because they can't use the function anyway. Is there a regkey i can apply so it will automatically be set to "never check for updates" ? Thx John Lodewijks

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Disable Check for Updates
Hi, Yes, it looks fine. Best Regards, Hans
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]
[Attachment has been removed.]

Thanks Hans. I've attached the file with the property. Please check it and let me know if it is correct.

Hi, Setting the property does not disable ("grey out") the Check for Update menu entry, it just sets the default interval to "never" so it does not run automatically. Also, you need to remove the hashmarks around the property in the file: dbvis.CheckForUpdateInterval=never Best Regards, Hans
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hi..I used the below property in dbvis-custom.prefs file. But I was not able to suppress or grey out the 'Check for Updates'. #dbvis.CheckForUpdateInterval=never# Is it because of # Can you please help me?

Hi Roger, thx that was it. Users now can start the program with updates automatically set to never. Thx a million. John

John, On a second thought. It is possible to disable Check for Update by adding the following row to the DBVIS-HOME\resources\dbvis-custom.prefs file: dbvis.CheckForUpdateInterval=never Regards Roger

John, It is not possible to disable the Check for Update feature. I will register an enhancement request for it. Best Regards Roger