Start a new topic

Locate table in references diagram?

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

If I have a references diagram with a large number of tables, is there a way to locate a specific entity/table in the diagram by name? Clicking on the table name in the left side tree moves away from the references diagram to the table details. I am looking for a table location function.

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]
[Attachment has been removed.]

Re: Locate table in references diagram?
Matt, In the References graph right click menu there is a "Find..." command (the same command is available in the toolbar). It shows a window in which you may enter a pattern for table names that should be located. In the result click a table or several to highlight the matches in the graph. Check attached screenshot for details. Best Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Thanks! One suggestion, when I go to a table from the search window, it v7.0.6 resizes my diagram to fill the screen with that table. Is there a setting to not resize the diagram?

Matt, The find feature automatically zoom in on all tables that match the search. I will add a ticket for preserving the zoom while searching. Regards Roger

Hi, Just to inform that this is now fixed in the latest DbVisualizer 8.0 version. Regards Roger