Start a new topic

@delimiter weirdness

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

I'm having issues with @delimiter. As a test, I made a version of the "@delimiter" example from the DbVis 7.0 manual, modified for mySQL: DROP FUNCTION if exists dbVis_Add; @echo 'about to change delimiter and create FUNCTION'; @delimiter ++; CREATE FUNCTION dbVis_Add (parm1 INTEGER, parm2 INTEGER) RETURNS INTEGER DETERMINISTIC BEGIN SET @x='dbVis'; RETURN parm + parm2; END; ++ @delimiter ;++ When I run this from a DbVis SQL commander window, it seems to work fine, and creates the function. However, if I put the code in a text file ("badrun_func.sql") and try and "@run" it, I have problems. @run badrun_func.sql; This either shows the "Parsing..." barberpole forever, or comes back with errors like the following: 17:40:54 @RUN - 0 row(s), 0.000 secs] Command processed 17:40:54 DROP - 0 row(s), 0.001 secs] Command processed. No rows were affected Code: 1305 SQL State: HY000 --- FUNCTION dbVis_Add does not exist 17:40:54 @ECHO - 0 row(s), 0.000 secs] 'about to change delimiter and create FUNCTION' 17:40:54 @DELIMITER - 0 row(s), 0.000 secs] Command processed 17:40:54 CREATE - 0 row(s), 0.000 secs] Error Code: 1064, SQL State: 42000] You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 4 17:40:54 PARM2; - 0 row(s), 0.000 secs] Error Code: 1064, SQL State: 42000] You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'parm2; END' at line 1 17:40:54 @DELIMITER - 0 row(s), 0.000 secs] Command processed 17:40:54 UNDEF - 0 row(s), 0.000 secs] Error Code: 0, SQL State: S1009] Can not issue NULL query. ... 8 statement(s) executed, 0 row(s) affected, exec/fetch time: 0.001/0.000 sec 4 successful, 1 warnings, 3 errors] I tried using "~" instead of "++" as the delimiter, with no better results. The code that works directly in the commander is literally cut and paste from the file I'm trying to @run, so I'm either misunderstanding things, or there is something funky about the @delimiter command when used inside a file that is being @run. I'll do some more playing around, but I'd hate to beat my head in if it is a known bug... :) DbVis 7.0.6, mySQL 5.0.88, OSX 10.6.3 with 64-bit JAVA 1.6.0_17.

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: @delimiter weirdness
Hi David, Thanks for reporting this. I have confirmed that it is a bug and will look for a fix. Best Regards, Hans
[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: @delimiter weirdness
Hi, This is now fixed in DbVisualizer 7.0.7. Regards Roger