Start a new topic

error when disconnecting from a stopped database.

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hi, it does happen: while connected a database is bounced, or just stopped. This makes my session to that database invalid. When I quit dbVis or explicitly disconnect one such session, I get an error message stating that I should re-connect to that database first. I think this is strange. Can that be fixed? regards, Ronald. http://ronr.blogspot.com

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: error when disconnecting from a stopped database.
Hi Ronald, What operation(s) trigger the message? A screenshot would help showing the message. Best Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]
[Attachment has been removed.]

1) connect to a database 2) shutdown that database 3) Quit DbVis Next you get a serie of error messages trying you to convince to re connect to the database. What I want is to Quit so I don't want to reconnect ...

Ronald, I suspect this occur when DbVisualizer is in a certain state. In the screenshot you posted, can you please press the green down arrow so that I can see the full error? (Currently I am unable to reproduce this and DbVisualizer exit fine if the connection is broken). Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hi Roger, here is one again. I had multiple databases open, most of them were 10gR2. best regards, Ronald.

Ronald, Thanks! May I ask you to enable debug of DbVisualizer and whenever the disconnect problem occur open Tools->Debug Window and reply the log? Enable the Debug mode in Tools->Debug Window (check Debug DbVisualizer). Sorry for the trouble... Best Regards Roger support@dbvis.com

Hi Roger, no problem, I could have uploaded it right away since I run with a debug logfile as default ... In the log is the complete session for one database, including one query. After that query I shutdown aborted the database and stopped dbvis. There the pop-up a... popped up. R.

Thanks! I finally found the problem. It occurs when auto commit is off. A fix will be introduced in next maintenance version planned for release in next week. Thanks for your help! Best Regards Roger

Hi, This is now fixed in the DbVisualizer 7.1.2 version. Regards Roger