Start a new topic

Sybase ASE - DDL error when exporting database

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hi, I have been meaning to evaluate properly dbVsualizer fro quite some times now, and I am, hopefully, starting for good. and I have been hit by 2 errors in the DL script when exporting a Sybase ASE 15 da error 1: when a table has a bit column, and you export the data, the data in the insert statement is exported like a string (ie enclosed in quote). I left the default as true/false and it resulted as '0' or '1' in the insert scripts. Error 2: the DDL generated for indexes is wrong ie the list of field name(s) is missing : CREATE INDEX ADTAKER_IF ON ADTAKER_IF () unless of course I am doing something stupid Hope this helps Didier

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Sybase ASE - DDL error when exporting database
Hi Didler, Thanks for reporting this. Comments below: > error 1: when a table has a bit column, and you export the data, the data in the insert statement is exported like a string (ie enclosed in quote). I left the default as true/false and it resulted as '0' or '1' in the insert scripts. This is a bug, and we will look for a solution to be released in a maintenance release. Unless the table is very large, you may use Export Grid (Export in the right-click menu in the Data tab for the table) as a work-around. On the second wizard panel, uncheck the Is Text checkbox for the BIT column to get rid of the quotes. > Error 2: the DDL generated for indexes is wrong ie the list of field name(s) is missing : > CREATE INDEX ADTAKER_IF ON ADTAKER_IF () I cannot reproduce this. Can you please post or email (support@dbvis.com) the complete DDL for the table and all CREATE INDEX statements? Best Regards, Hans
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Bit more info (pun not intended) the bit issue is true regardless of the bit setting in the export configuration; I tried true/false and 1/0 and it always result in 0 and 1 between quotes; For the index DDL, thinking again about it is probably because it is an implicit index created as part of a primary key definition which fools the DDL generator. I'll do a bit more testing to prove it, but it is likely it as I have no indexes yet on that db , apart from auto generated PK indexes. Hope this helps improving, a bit what looks like an excellent product Didier Edited by: Didier on Aug 26, 2010 5:36 PM

Hi Didler, Yes, I noticed that the BIT values are represented as quoted 0/1 regardless of the setting. We will look into this. Regarding the index, I cannot reproduce this at all, neither with an implicit PK index nor with an explicit index. I appreciate if you can find a reproducible case, and also include version information for both the database and the JDBC driver. Best Regards, Hans

Didier, Just to inform you that this has been fixed in the new 7.1.4 version. Best Regards Roger