Start a new topic

Alter table for DB2 UDB

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hi, why I can't alter a table in dbvis for the db2 udb. Adding works fine. After that I can't delete the column. Is it not implemented. The database support such operations: Alter table schema1.table1 alter column set not null work also fine. regards.

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Alter table for DB2 UDB
Hi, What you can do with the Alter Table dialog matches what the ALTER TABLE statement for the database supports. Columns cannot be dropped using the ALTER TABLE statement for DB 2 LUW versions prior to version 9, but it seems like they have added this in version 9. We will therefore enable this for version 9 and later. Best Regards, Hans
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

What do you mean? That dropping columns is a feature in vers. 9 or the altering of columns with "alter column"? Edited by: ziodb on 31.08.2010 16:56

Hi, > What do you mean? That dropping columns is a feature in vers. 9 or the altering of columns with "alter column"? Sorry if that wasn't clear. I meant that dropping columns with the ALTER TABLE statement was added at the database level in DB2 version 9. The current features of the Alter Table dialog in DbVisualizer are based on what was available in DB2 version 8. We will change DbVisualizer so that dropping columns will be enabled when connected to a DB2 version 9 database. i hope that makes sense. Best Regards, Hans
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hans, thanks for your answer. I coordinate the updates, licenses and so on. Is there another way to get informed about that issue or should I wait for new releases?

Hi, We typically post a note to the threads in this forum when an issue is resolved with a new release, so you can put a "watch" on this thread to get an email notification. All new releases are also announced in the Announcement forum. Best Regards, Hans

Hi, Dropping columns in DB2 is fixed in the just released 7.1.3 version. Best Regards Roger

Thanks for reply. We will test it. EDIT: Works great. thanks. Edited by: ziodb on 10.09.2010 12:17