Start a new topic

No entry in "Driver (JDBC)" Version DBVisualizer 4.2.2 Personal

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hello, i´ve the DBVisualizer 4.2.2 Personal Edition and try to connect to a MS SQL Server 2005 Database. After I start the program I try to create a new connection. In this window I fill in the Database URL, Username and Password, but I can´t choose any Driver. If I click the pull down menue there are no entries. When I choose "Connect" I get an errormessage: "Please select a driver". How can I choose the right driver for the connection?

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: No entry in "Driver (JDBC)" Version DBVisualizer 4.2.2 Personal
Hi, Thanks for your post. Please upgrade to the latest 7.1.3 version. 4.2.2 is almost 6 years old and unsupported. 7.1.3 include a JDBC driver for SQL Server while 4.2.2 don't. Best Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

But if I update i´ve only the free version? I work for a big comany and so I´ve no possibility to buy the personal version.

Hi, Yes you would need to renew your license. I really recommend that your employer consider doing so since not only have DbVisualizer been updated but it has also been adopted to work with the latest OS and DB versions. If you still need to stay with 4.2.2 then you will need to download the JDBC driver and install it in DbVisualizer. Read more in: http://www.dbvis.com/products/dbvis/doc/supports.jsp?db=Microsoft_SQL_Server#Microsoft_SQL_Server Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Just on a relevant side note, I'm getting a similar issue when running the *dbviscmd.bat* script. (Might be useful for other troubleshooters...) "+DbVisualizerCmd - ExecError: Connecting: Please select a Driver+" This was because the *-connection* parameter I was supplying, was not a valid connection name. See -> +dbviscmd -listconnections+ ---- Product: DbVisualizer Personal 7.1.4 Build: #1585 (2010/11/23 12:21) Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM Java Version: 1.6.0_22 Java Vendor: Sun Microsystems Inc. OS Name: Windows XP OS Arch: x86 OS Version: 5.1

Hi Nick, Thanks for posting your note. A better error message will be provided for this case in the next feature release. Best Regards, Hans