Start a new topic

Error: 'There should be no queued results'

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

When a stored procedure stops with an error, dbVisualiser fails to show the error message. Instead it pops up a Debug Output dialogue box with its own message "There should be no queued results". SQL editor won't then accept further commands until the query has been 'stop'ped, and the connection Reconnected This occurs with 6.0.13 and 7.1. The database is SQL Server (versions to 2008) and the driver is SQL Server (jTDS). 0:53:59 [ERROR Thread-22 C.?] Internal error while executing: cschangecodes java.lang.IllegalStateException: There should be no queued results. at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.JtdsStatement.processResults(JtdsStatement.java:579) at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.JtdsStatement.cacheResults(JtdsStatement.java:632) at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.JtdsResultSet.next(JtdsResultSet.java:582) at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.JtdsResultSet.close(JtdsResultSet.java:474) at com.onseven.dbvis.G.B.Y.closeResultSet(Z:3518) at com.onseven.dbvis.G.B.J.execute(Z:1075) at com.onseven.dbvis.G.B.N.execute(Z:174) at com.onseven.dbvis.G.B.Y.?(Z:591) at com.onseven.dbvis.G.B.Y.run(Z:1655) at com.onseven.dbvis.G.B.C.?(Z:2693) at com.onseven.dbvis.G.B.C.?(Z:636) at com.onseven.dbvis.G.B.C.execute(Z:3186) at com.onseven.dbvis.G.B.Y.?(Z:591) at com.onseven.dbvis.G.B.K.?(Z:1013) at se.pureit.swing.A.O$2.run(Z:1192) at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) 11:01:16 [ERROR Thread-25 C.?] Internal error while executing: cschangecodes java.lang.IllegalStateException: There should be no queued results. at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.JtdsStatement.processResults(JtdsStatement.java:579) at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.JtdsStatement.cacheResults(JtdsStatement.java:632) at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.JtdsResultSet.next(JtdsResultSet.java:582) at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.JtdsResultSet.close(JtdsResultSet.java:474) at com.onseven.dbvis.G.B.Y.closeResultSet(Z:3518) at com.onseven.dbvis.G.B.J.execute(Z:1075) at com.onseven.dbvis.G.B.N.execute(Z:174) at com.onseven.dbvis.G.B.Y.?(Z:591) at com.onseven.dbvis.G.B.Y.run(Z:1655) at com.onseven.dbvis.G.B.C.?(Z:2693) at com.onseven.dbvis.G.B.C.?(Z:636) at com.onseven.dbvis.G.B.C.execute(Z:3186) at com.onseven.dbvis.G.B.Y.?(Z:591) at com.onseven.dbvis.G.B.K.?(Z:1013) at se.pureit.swing.A.O$2.run(Z:1192) at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) Is there anything that can be done about this? I'm having to re-run all error-producing stored procedures in Query Analyser. Thanks

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Error: 'There should be no queued results'
Hi Jon, Please upgrade to the latest 7.1.x release (7.1.3) and let us know if that solves the problem. We fixed a problem that may be related to this in 7.1.2. Best Regards, Hans
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Regrettably I tried it with 7.1.3 before making that post, and the error occurred. Sorry I should have been more specific about the sub-version.

Hi Jon, I cannot reproduce this error with a simple test procedure, using MS SQL Server 2005 (09.00.2047) and jTDS 1.2.5. The procedure I use looks like this: CREATE PROCEDURE [dbo].[test_error] @mode CHAR(1) AS IF @mode NOT IN ('A', 'B', 'C') BEGIN RAISERROR('Illegal value "%s" passed for @mode.', 16, -1, @mode) RETURN 50000 END When I execute it I get: [@CALL - 0 row(s), 0.000 secs] [Error Code: 50000, SQL State: S1000] Illegal value "D" passed for @mode You mention that you have to stop the procedure. Maybe that is what's causing this rather than the procedure raising an error? Please see if you can reproduce the problem with my test procedure. If not, please see if you can reproduce it with a long running SELECT that you stop. Best Regards, Hans
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Thanks - I confirm that I don't get the debug error with that test. I was 'Stop'ping the query *after* the debug error had occurred (the SQL Editor remains unresponsive after the debug error, if the query is not Stopped) so that cannot have been the cause. I'll see if I can come up with a test query that reliably reproduces the debug error.

I'm seeing this error again with a query that has not been STOPped. 10:54:26 [ERROR Thread-112 C.?] Internal error while executing: use xxx set implicit_transac... java.lang.IllegalStateException: There should be no queued results. at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.JtdsStatement.processResults(JtdsStatement.java:579) at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.JtdsStatement.cacheResults(JtdsStatement.java:632) at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.JtdsResultSet.next(JtdsResultSet.java:582) at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.JtdsResultSet.close(JtdsResultSet.java:474) at com.onseven.dbvis.H.B.Y.closeResultSet(Z:3518) at com.onseven.dbvis.H.B.J.execute(Z:575) at com.onseven.dbvis.H.B.N.execute(Z:1798) at com.onseven.dbvis.H.B.Y.?(Z:591) at com.onseven.dbvis.H.B.Y.run(Z:1655) at com.onseven.dbvis.H.B.C.?(Z:2318) at com.onseven.dbvis.H.B.C.?(Z:2185) at com.onseven.dbvis.H.B.C.execute(Z:1511) at com.onseven.dbvis.H.B.Y.?(Z:591) at com.onseven.dbvis.H.B.K.?(Z:1013) at se.pureit.swing.A.O$2.run(Z:1192) at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Hi Jon, So this is with just a SELECT statement, not via a stored procedure? Are you using the latest jTDS driver? As far as I can tell, the cause for this is within the driver itself. Have you checked the jTDS forums for an answer? Best Regards, Hans

We're still getting these errors from time to time, when a stored proc stops with an error - the latest: 13:06:57 [ERROR Thread-148 C.?] Internal error while executing: begin tran declare @Flags int ... java.lang.IllegalStateException: There should be no queued results. at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.JtdsStatement.processResults(JtdsStatement.java:579) at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.JtdsStatement.cacheResults(JtdsStatement.java:632) at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.JtdsResultSet.next(JtdsResultSet.java:582) at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.JtdsResultSet.close(JtdsResultSet.java:474) at com.onseven.dbvis.H.B.Y.closeResultSet(Z:3518) at com.onseven.dbvis.H.B.J.execute(Z:575) at com.onseven.dbvis.H.B.N.execute(Z:1798) at com.onseven.dbvis.H.B.Y.?(Z:591) at com.onseven.dbvis.H.B.Y.run(Z:1655) at com.onseven.dbvis.H.B.C.?(Z:2318) at com.onseven.dbvis.H.B.C.?(Z:2185) at com.onseven.dbvis.H.B.C.execute(Z:1511) at com.onseven.dbvis.H.B.Y.?(Z:591) at com.onseven.dbvis.H.B.K.?(Z:1013) at se.pureit.swing.A.O$2.run(Z:1192) at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Hi Jon, Sorry to hear that. Which DbVisualizer version are you using now? Is auto-commit enabled or disabled when you see this? Have you ran any other SQL statements in the same SQL Commander before running the procedure? Best Regards, Hans