Start a new topic

Create diagram that really does only contain the specified tables

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hello All I would like to produce a diagram that contains only the table that I specify. If I highlight the "TABLE" node in the tree the diagram is drawn with all tables. I can then click the "Specified Tables" radio button from the display options pane. This gives me the pop-up window in which I can choose which tables to include on the diagram. However, once selected, the diagram is re-drawn and now includes not only the tables that I have chosen, but each table that is referenced by those tables. Is there a way to show a diagram that really does show just the table I have chosen? Thanks

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Create diagram that really does only contain the specified tables
Rusty, In the objects tree click the actual table row and the pick the "References" tab. It will show only the table and either its references to other tables or tables referencing it. (Use the "Exported" and "Imported" tabs at the bottom to change view). Best Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hi, Rusty Adams asks for diagram with only tables specified by user, not additional referenced tables or other. I also need to create such diagram. Is it possible? Cheers

Hi Marian, It is not possible to limit the references to only show the selected tables. If there are references to non selected tables these will be included in the graph as well. I will open a ticket for your suggestion. Regards Roger

Hi Marian, This has now been fixed in the just released 9.2.14 version. In the Select Specific table window there is a checkbox to only use the selected tables in the graph. Download from http://www.dbvis.com/download/ or use Help->Check for Update to upgrade. Regards Roger