Start a new topic

Weird update issue

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

I'm attempting to update a cell in the Object View -> Data tab The data is: (s(FILTER_ADMIN) || s(QUESTION_QUERY)) && (u(FILTER_ADMIN) || u(QUESTION_QUERY)) The column is a VARCHAR2(600), database is Oracle 10g 10.2.0.4.0 using the same version driver (ojdbc14.jar). Connecting via thin. If I try updating using 'xxxx' it works fine. If I try with the above, it fails instead storing this in the field: ds=600 dt=VARCHAR Tested against both 7.1.3 and 7.1.4

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Weird update issue
Jason, Open Tools->Tool Properties and select the Variables category in the list. Change the setting of "Variable Delimiter" to something else than ||. E.g. ][. Press Apply, reconnect and try again. Best Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Why would the variable expansions happen inside of a data cell edit area? The description in the Tool Properties says variables may be used in the SQL Commander and connection setup data. Obviously Object View data cell editing isn't either of these. In addition, I've got a huge amount of scripts using || as the variable delimiter so this isn't really a solution. Instead, and if variables are really active in data cell editing, I would suggest there is an option to turn it off there. I use variables a lot but yet don't see the value of embedded variables there.
[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Jason, I'll register a ticket so that table data editing should not be affected by the variable identifiers/delimiters setup in Tool Properties. I assume the update work better changing the delimiter? Best Regards Roger