Start a new topic

memory leaking when using lots of dialogs

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hi Roger, when I use lots of actions with dialogs, I can't help noticing that it gets slower and slower, until a memory warning pops up telling me that I should stop dbvis. I think there is a memory leak in there. I already saw this in earlier releases when debugging actions. Now it is time to report it. I hope this ca get fixed. Thanks, Ronald.

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: memory leaking when using lots of dialogs
Ronald, Do you mean object actions launched via the right-click menu for an object? Have you been using all sorts of actions or primarily a few (which)? Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hi Roger, yes, the context sensitive menu's, in this case I was jumping around in the resource manager parts. Created 10 resource consumer groups, assigned them to a resource manager plan, granted switch privs on the created groups to a bunch of users and defined a default group for most users. I think I have used about 80 dialogs before the virtual memory warning came up. It started getting slower a while before that. R.

Hi Ronald, We will look into this. Thanks! Best Regards Roger

Hi, Just to inform that this is now fixed in the latest DbVisualizer 8.0 version. Regards Roger