Start a new topic

is it possible to turn off adding schema name in autocompletion

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Suppose I have a schema *public* and table *user*. I open SQL Commander and type *us*, click Ctrl+Whitespace. It completes to *public.user*. Can I make such that it will not add public if I didn't wanted it? The same for column names. When I complete column name, dbvis adds table name.

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: is it possible to turn off adding schema name in autocompletion
Hi, Just to inform that this is now fixed in the latest DbVisualizer 8.0 version. Regards Roger

Hi, Thanks for your post. I'll register a ticket for this and we will look into it. Best Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

I noticed that now (after I stopped qualifiers) dbvis does another bad thing: it removes qualifiers when I set them. For example: > select * from a,b > where a.id = b.id When I use code completion for *a.id* it replaces it with id that causes even sql error *column reference "id" is ambiguous*. I want dbvis to just complete when I ask for it but not add or remove smth that I didn't asked for.

Hi, To set it for all your connection for a certain database type then open Tool Properties and make sure the Database tab is selected. Now click the actual database type and its Qualifiers category and modify the settings. Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Oh, thanks, that works well. Can I set this for all my connections or I should do it for each?

Hi, In the Connection Properties (lower tab in the Connection setup), click the "Qualifiers" category. Now disable the appropriate qualifier settings in the right pane. Regards Roger