Start a new topic

Weird and sporadic Tabs behavior after some are closed

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hi... I've been sporadically observing this behavior but cannot, UNFORTUNATELY, reproduce this at my will... Some times, after I open a few sql tabs, work with them, close a few, open a few new ones, i occasionally notice that some Tabs loose the source file it was associated with... Ex. If I have opened: 12. Untitled 15. Untitled 35. SomeSqlFile.sql 17.Untitled 19.Untitled So, lets say, when I closed #17, --- "#35.SomeSqlFile.sql" became "35. Untitled" (but keeping the SQL of the original file in the SQL editor window).... Are you, or anyone aware of this behavior? thanks...... Product: DbVisualizer Personal 7.1.4 Build: #1585 (2010/11/23 12:21) Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM Java Version: 1.6.0_13 Java Vendor: Sun Microsystems Inc. OS Name: Windows XP OS Arch: x86 OS Version: 5.1

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Weird and sporadic Tabs behavior after some are closed
Hi Alex, We haven't experienced this ourselves or heard of it from our users. I will register a ticket and we will look into it. If you find out anything that may put us on track how to repeat then please let us know. Best Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]
[Attachment has been removed.]

Hi Roger It happened today again, and I've captured some screen shots. Please pay attention to the highlighted tab (on top) vs. the file name on the lower right corner.. THe sql in the editor belongs to the file indicated on the lower right corner.... +Note: dbvis1.jpg shows that not all tabs are misplaced. This one is correct.+ Edited by: AlexML on Feb 10, 2011 3:25 PM
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Folks, any feedback on this? thanks!!

Alex, We're looking into it. Unfortunately we haven't been able to reproduce at the moment... Regards Roger
[Attachment has been removed.]

It happened again today... *Please escalate this issue....* Look at the attached screen shot... How the *1*:crq_383737.sql has an asterisk * , showing that it has been modified, yet the Save button is disabled... Also, there is _another_ *1*:Untittled at the end with the code that is supposed to be in the crq_383737.sql file ......

Alex, We're working on it. I will let you know as soon as we have something to share. Regards Roger

Alex, Are you using (or have launched) multiple DbVisualizer Windows (activated with File->New Window) during the DbVisualizer session when this issue occur? Regards Roger

Roger, Yes, I launch new instances of dbVis via File->New Window and through the new dbvis.exe as well

Thanks! I think we've identified the problem. I will notify you by email when we have a fix ready that you can give a try. Regards Roger

Alex, This bug is fixed in the just released 7.1.5 version. Best Regards Roger