Start a new topic

Silent Installation on Windows - disable sql file association?

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Has anyone figured out how to customize a default silent installation with the -VvariableName=value or -varfile [fileName] switches? http://resources.ej-technologies.com/install4j/help/doc/helptopics/installers/options.html I found the variable name for setting filename association in the default installer response file DBVIS-HOME\.install4j\response.varfile. When associating with SQL the variable is: sys.fileAssociation.extensions$StringArray="sql" when not associating it is: sys.fileAssociation.extensions$StringArray= Unfortunately none of the following command line switches disabled the file association. -Vsys.fileAssociation.extensions$StringArray= -Vsys.fileAssociation.extensions$StringArray="" -Vsys.fileAssociation.extensions= -Vsys.fileAssociation.extensions="" Placing the variable in a response file using the -varfile [fileName] switch did not disable the feature either. Sure could use some help with this problem. Regards, Doug

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Silent Installation on Windows - disable sql file association?
Doug, I will get back to you with an answer shortly. Best Regards Roger

Doug, The only workaround currently is that you use the .zip archive installer which will not integrate with the registry at all. I will register a ticket that we should offer a command line switch to disable file associations with the GUI installers. Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Roger, thanks for the quick reply. I still would like to have DbVisualizer register itself as a program, for license compliance/tracking, etc. As a work-around, might have to write some WSH code to capture the sql file association and reapply it after DbVisualizer installs. /Doug

Doug, Just to inform you that in the next feature version you can install DbVisualizer as: dbvis.exe -q -Ddbvis.fileAssociations=false This new version is planned for early access in a few weeks and official release in a few more weeks. Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Thanks!

Hi, Just to inform that this is now fixed in the latest DbVisualizer 8.0 version. Regards Roger