Start a new topic

Progress bar imperfections

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

I recently noticed some imperfections in the progress bars for export/import. 1) when exporting table contents of considerable size, the progress bar immediately jumps to 75% and remains there until the end. Not really informative.... 2) when importing (large) csv files, the percentage can reach any value. I am currently importing a large set of key/value pairs, about 75M records, and the percentage just reached a value of 1.500.000.000 ... after importing just over 14M records

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Progress bar imperfections
Hi Rob, Thanks for your help resolving this. > 1) when exporting table contents of considerable size, the progress bar immediately jumps to 75% and remains there until the end. Not really informative?. The progress for Export shows the percentages of statements/steps executed and not the percentage of time. I agree that this is not ideal, especially not when exporting a single table. The only way to change this to be more accurate would be to first figure out how many rows there are in all tables and then keep track of the number actually exported. This would potentially be very time consuming, so we will let it be as it is for now. > 2) when importing (large) csv files, the percentage can reach any value. I am currently importing a large set of key/value pairs, about 75M records, and the percentage just reached a value of 1.500.000.000 ... after importing just over 14M records I believe I have found the cause for this and have implemented a fix that will be included in the next maintenance release. I appreciate if you can let us know if it solved the problem once it is release. Best Regards, Hans
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]
[Attachment has been removed.]

I am trying to insert an image in this post: !http://www.dbvis.com/forum/post!reply.jspa?messageID=12042/DbVis-Import.jpg! I see now that time elapsed is not counting, although the process runs for some 4 hours.

Rob, Thanks! Interesting figures! 75M rows in import. How long does it take? Also for export, are you using Export Table, Export Schema or the @export client side command in the SQL Commander? Have a nice weekend. Kind Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hi Roger, I discovered this when exporting/importing quite large tables: 93.000 records and 75.000.000 (!) records. An hour later I saw extremely large negative percentages. I strive to be up-to-date with my tools, I currently use 7.1.5 on Windows 7 Professional, jdk 1.6.0_23. Regards, Rob.

Rob, > {quote:title=Rob van Dort wrote:}{quote} > I recently noticed some imperfections in the progress bars for export/import. > > 1) when exporting table contents of considerable size, the progress bar immediately jumps to 75% and remains there until the end. Not really informative.... How many rows are you exporting? > 2) when importing (large) csv files, the percentage can reach any value. I am currently importing a large set of key/value pairs, about 75M records, and the percentage just reached a value of 1.500.000.000 ... after importing just over 14M records What version of DbVisualizer are you using? Kind Regards Roger