Start a new topic

How to get Oracle XMLType to display properly

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]
[Attachment has been removed.]

I'm having a situation similar to the user in this post (http://www.dbvis.com/forum/thread.jspa?threadID=3339&tstart=0). If I use getClobVal on the XMLType column, I get the correct data from my XMLType column. Otherwise, using a straight SELECT or viewing table data from within DbVis, I get part of the XML string, but it has high ASCII characters embedded throughout. See attached picture. Any suggestions?

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: How to get Oracle XMLType to display properly
Sammy, Are you using the most recent version of the XDK? I verified the 11.2.0.2 driver and the XDK this morning and it worked fine with the EA version. Best Regards Roger

Sammy, Sorry I was too quick. It works fine in our dev environment while it doesn't seem to work when running the final installers available on our web site. We will look into this. Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hi Roger, Just wondering if native XMLType support should be working in EA 720.1640? /Doug

Doug, After many hours of debugging we are unfortunately not able to fix so that XML is properly displayed in DbVisualizer when using the 11.2 JDBC driver from Oracle. It works fine with all versions up to and including 11.1. We will continue to verify whether there is a workaround to fix this but meanwhile the general recommendation is to NOT use the 11.2 drivers. Another workaround which actually works even with the 11.2 driver is if you put the *ojdbc16.jar* file and the Oracle XDK (required for the Oracle XML support) files, *xdk.jar* and *xmlparserv2.jar* in the *DBVIS-HOME/lib* directory. Best Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Thanks Roger for your feedback ;-) I confirm that DBVisualizer 7.1.5 and 7.2.0 b1641 work flawlessly with jdbc & xdk 11.1.