Start a new topic

Timestamp exported to Excel becomes String

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Database: SQL*Server 2005 DbVisualizer 7.1.5 I'm attempting to export grid data to an Excel file. When exporting I've found that columns that show up as type "Timestamp" are always exported as strings no matter what settings I use. I've noted that: - the "Text Columns" checkbox on the Export Grid "Settings" page is not checked. - the "Is Text" column on the Export Grid "Data" page is checked by default for Timestamp columns (although I don't think it should be; this box is unchecked by default for the Integer columns generated by my query). I make sure that I uncheck the box for the Timestamp column. Even with the settings above, the exported column still shows up as a string value in the Excel file, and I'm unable to perform actions such as modifying the date format or performing date arithmetic. I've also noticed that the state of the "Is Text" column on the "Data" page is not being stored to the settings file if I use "Save As" in the "Settings" picklist at bottom left. Therefore, even when using previously defined settings, I always have to review the state of the "Is Text" checkboxes. Am I missing something, or are these bugs?

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Timestamp exported to Excel becomes String
Hi Steve, Only number data types are recognized when "Text Columns" is unchecked. All other types are exported as text. I will register a ticket that date/time and timestamp types should also preserve their formats in the XLS document. Best Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Re: Timestamp exported to Excel becomes String
> {quote:title=Roger Bjarevall wrote:}{quote} > ... > I will register a ticket that date/time and timestamp types should also preserve their formats in the XLS document. That would be great. Thanks.