Start a new topic

Error Code: -4499/SQL State: 58009 connecting to z/OS

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

We're trying to test some stuff against DB2 on z/OS (V9 on z/OS 1.9). When we try to connect with DbVisualizer we get: An error occurred while establishing the connection: Long Message: [jcc][t4][2048][11280][3.57.82] Execution failed due to a distribution protocol error that caused deallocation of the conversation. A DRDA Conversational Protocol Error was detected. Reason: 0x1245. ERRORCODE=-4499, SQLSTATE=58009 Details: Type: com.ibm.db2.jcc.am.zn Error Code: -4499 SQL State: 58009 It can "see" the server, and are seeing errors in the DB2 logs on z/OS: STC03477 DSNL032I -DB9G DSNLZDJN DRDA EXCEPTION CONDITION IN 591 REQUEST FROM REQUESTOR LOCATION=::68.100.201.95 FOR THREAD WITH LUWID=USASDV02.DB9GLU1.C783AFA46409=0 REASON=00D35922 ERROR ID=DSNLZSPA003C IFCID=0191 Some (a lot, actually!) of Googling/reading suggests we need some license file, db2jcc_license_cisuz.jar, but no sign of how to obtain it. Ideas? Are we totally lost here? Thanks in advance.

[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Re: Error Code: -4499/SQL State: 58009 connecting to z/OS
OK, answered my own question: we're missing [ db2jcc_license_cisuz.jar. But I can't figure out how we get that. Anyone? Bueller?
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

I should add that we did suspect this, but the error we were getting obviously didn't make that clear. Turns out if you have the wrong database name AND the wrong port (we had 5021 instead of 446), you get that weird error. Yeah, I know...but we didn't set up the system, we were trying to reverse engineer things using stone knives and bearskins!
[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Phil, I agree that the messages are somewhat not explanatory... They are produced solely by the DB2 driver. Just to make sure at what point you are: is this solved or are there still any issues? Best Regards Roger Ps. I hope the bear was dead before you started working with DbVisualizer :)

Roger, Thanks, yeah, we're convinced we're past this issue. Now we're trying to bind the packages, but that's not a DbVis issue! If only we'd set up this system, we might know more about what we're doing. (And ain't that the case all too often these days? Nobody documents what they've done any more....)

Hi Phil, I am getting below error The test connection operation failed for data source MARSDB2DS1 on server server1 at node mavzl4076etNode02 with the following exception: java.sql.SQLException: **Execution failed due to a distribution protocol error that caused deallocation of the conversation. A DRDA Conversational Protocol Error was detected. Reason: 0x1245 DB2ConnectionCorrelator: nullDSRA0010E: SQL State = 58009, Error Code = -4,499. View JVM logs for further details.** As you said in last post " db2jcc_license_cisuz.jar " updation will fix this issue. Can you please explain here how did you fix(How to install the above jar), I am using Integrated Solution Console Regards Anbarasan A
[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Anbarasan, As for installing the db2jcc_license_cisuz.jar file just open Tools->Driver Manager, locate the driver definition you are using and select it. Then in the "User Specified" tab load the jar file. Close the driver manager and connect. Regards Roger