Start a new topic

Confirmation Alert on CTRL+S

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Apologies for possible newbie question, but ever since upgrading to 7.1.5, I'm getting the annoying "Confirmation Alert" on save using CTRL+S. I've tried changing/unchecking both SQL Editor settings related to "Confirmation" on close, and I've searched the forum for other answers, but still getting the pop-up. Having come from the good old days of programming in applications that tended to bomb out a lot, I'm a habitual CTRL+S user, but the constant pop-up is killing me! Can anyone please help? Product: DbVisualizer Personal 7.1.5 Build: #1590 (2011/02/24 17:23) Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM Java Version: 1.6.0_21 Java Vendor: Sun Microsystems Inc. OS Name: Windows XP OS Arch: x86 OS Version: 5.1 Thanks so much, Chris Laughery

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Confirmation Alert on CTRL+S
Hi Chris, Can you please post a screenshot of the confirmation window that appear? Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]
[Attachment has been removed.]

Screen shot of the Confirmation pop-up (states that file has been modified externally after it was originally loaded). It also just occurred to me that perhaps this is because the file I'm saving is located on my shared network drive? So I tested it out by saving same file to a local drive (as I had done prior to the 7.1.5 upgrade), and guess what? No annoying pop-up on CTRL+S. Probably not another resolution to this one, but thought I'd let everyone know. Thanks, Chris
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

*Update:* Placing a shortcut on the local drive, pointed to the network folder, prevents the pop-up message as well. Thanks, Chris

Pop-Up shortcut

Chris, Thanks for the screenshot. I think we can improve this so that the confirmation window is displayed only when needed independent if the file is stored on a network driver or locally. Best Regards Roger

Chris, Please give the just released 720.1641 (EARLY ACCESS) version a try. We've added a fix that should solve the problem. http://www.dbvis.com/products/dbvis/eap Regards Roger

Thanks Roger! Downloaded and installed this morning. Looks like the fix worked, no more popup messages when sql files are stored on the network. Much appreciated!

Chris, Great! Thanks for letting us know. Best Regards Roger

Hi, Just to inform that this is now fixed in the latest DbVisualizer 8.0 version. Regards Roger