Start a new topic

Edit problems in SQL Commander

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]
[Attachment has been removed.]

(See attached snapshot.) Java: 6U24 O/S: openSUSE 11.4 (Linux 2.6.37.1-1.2-desktop) Desktop: KDE 4.6.0 Editor is offset from correct character. This seems to be a problem in KDE or SUSE, not Dbvis, but has anyone else encountered it & what was the solution? Thanks

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Edit problems in SQL Commander
Hi Jack, One other person reported this problem during the Early Access Program, but did not report that he found a solution: http://www.dbvis.com/forum/thread.jspa?threadID=3484 I just did a clean, default installation of openSUSE 11.4 and using the bundled OpenJDK (IcedTEA6 1.9.7) I am unable to reproduce the problem. Note that we normally recommend using the Java distribution from Oracle because we haven't yet tested everything with the OpenJDK, but at least it works as far as starting DbVisualizer and edit a script. Do you see this all the time, e.g. for all files you load and even when you type a script into a clean editor? Is the graphics driver up-to-date? Do you see the same problem with any other Java application? We really want to get the bottom of this, so any help you can give us is greatly appreciated. Best Regards, Hans
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hi Hans, Thanks for the response. Just getting into work - it's now 08:35am here on the East Coast of the U.S. I'll try opening a clean script, I've only experienced the problem when editing an existing script. Get back to you soon... jack ==================================================================================== Update (7/15/2011, 14:09 US New York) We've ruled out KDE & Java as causes, so the next step is to apply any available updates to the O/S (openSUSE 11.4) - this will be done next week. If that's not it, then the problem may be withing the video drivers. I'll keep posting as we learn more... jack Edited by: jack on Jul 15, 2011 2:05 PM

Hi Jack, Thanks for keeping us in the loop. Did you see the same thing when you typed in a clean script? If not, it could possible be related to the line breaks in the file, e.g. a mix of LF and CRLF line breaks. Best Regards, Hans
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

We found it - some how the .dbvis profile was corrupted - deleted it & let Dbvis rebuild it - all good now! Thanks

Hi Jack, I'm glad you got it sorted out, even though I don't really understand how a corrupted profile file could cause this problem. The only thing I can think of is that maybe the bad profile caused some strange font to be used? If someone else runs into this, please let us know. Best Regards, Hans

Jack, This is now fixed in 8.0.2 version. Regards Roger