Start a new topic

DB2 z/OS

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

I am defining the connection to 2 DB/2 databases. One is working fine, the second fails to logon with the following message (both from DbVisulaizer 7.15 and 8.01 Free) Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM Java Version: 1.6.0_26 Java Vendor: Apple Inc. OS Name: Mac OS X OS Arch: x86_64 OS Version: 10.6.8 An error occurred while establishing the connection: ================================================================================ Long Message: [jcc][t4][10109][10354][3.57.82] The version of the IBM Universal JDBC driver in use is not licensed for connectivity to QDB2 databases. To connect to this server, please obtain a licensed copy of the IBM DB2 Universal Driver for JDBC and SQLJ. An appropriate license file db2jcc_license_*.jar for this target platform must be installed to the application class path. Connectivity to QDB2 databases is enabled by any of the following license files: [ db2jcc_license_cisuz.jar ]. ERRORCODE=-4472, SQLSTATE=42968 Details:    Type: com.ibm.db2.jcc.am.io    Error Code: -4472    SQL State: 42968 ================================================================================= I found an IBM tech support document that mentioned that the license file location, I've attached the text below: Problem(Abstract) The version of the IBM Universal JDBC driver in use is not licensed for connectivity to QDB2/ databases. To connect to this DB2 server, please obtain a licensed copy of the IBM DB2 Universal Driver for JDBC and SQLJ. Cause TDI 6.0 FP3 comes with updated Cloudscape and the driver needed for it, it also comes with a license file which is needed to connect to Cloudscape. Resolving the problem As of DB2 UDB v8.1.2 the Universal JDBC driver requires a license JAR file to be in the CLASSPATH along with the db2jcc.jar file. Here are the names of the required license JAR files: For CloudscapeTM Network Server V5.1: db2jcc_license_c.jar For DB2 UDB V8 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows servers: db2jcc_license_cu.jar For DB2 UDB for iSeries® and z/OS servers (provided with DB2 Connect and DB2 Enterprise Server Edition): db2jcc_license_cisuz.jar I am over my head with this problem, but am willing to take a whack at sorting this out. Thanks for any help.....

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: DB2 z/OS
Hi Brian, You need to load the db2jcc_license_cisuz.jar file in the User Specified tab in the DbVisualizer Driver Manager for the DB2 driver. If you do not already have this JAR file, please contact IBM to obtain it. Best Regards, Hans
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hi Hans, That did it... Now I'm off and running! Thanks so much for your help...
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

hi Hans , i have this questios too,can you tell me how to solution?

Hi, Please read Hans previous reply which guide you how to fix it. Regards Roger

i had do it ,but has the same questtions

So it doesn't help? What error do you get? What version of DB2 are you using and the JDBC driver? Regards Roger

the error below : An error occurred while establishing the connection: Type: com.ibm.db2.jcc.b.nm Error Code: -4472 SQL State: 42968 Message: [jcc][t4][10109][10354][3.50.152] The version of the IBM Universal JDBC driver in use is not licensed for connectivity to QDB2 databases. To connect to this server, please obtain a licensed copy of the IBM DB2 Universal Driver for JDBC and SQLJ. An appropriate license file db2jcc_license_*.jar for this target platform must be installed to the application class path. Connectivity to QDB2 databases is enabled by any of the following license files: [ db2jcc_license_cisuz.jar ]. ERRORCODE=-4472, SQLSTATE=42968 the DB is in US,i don't know the version ,i use the DbVisualizer-6.5.7 cilent to connection the DB,

And what steps have you performed in DbVisualizer? Did you follow Hans advice to add the db2jcc_license_*.jar in the Tools->Driver Manager for the DB2 driver? Please share some screenshots to better illustrate your setup. Regards Roger